WIZnet is a private, fabless semiconductor company, founded in 1998. Products include an Internet Processor, the iMCU™, which is specialized by TOE (TCP/IP Offload Engine) technology, based on a unique, patented Fully Hardwired TCP/IP. The iMCU™ is aimed at Embedded Internet Devices in a wide variety of applications.
WIZnet has over 70 distributors worldwide, brand loyalty is high, with offices in Hong Kong, South Korea, United States and China to provide technical support and product marketing.
Hong Kong office managing areas include: Australia, India, Turkey, Asia (excluding South Korea and Japan).
W5500 Hardwired TCP/IP embedded Ethernet controller
W5500 enables easier Internet connection for embedded system which has been proven through various applications for many years. By using W5500, users can implement the Ethernet application they need by using a simple socket program instead of handling a complex Ethernet Controller. Users can implement high-speed network communication.
Special Features and Advantages
• SPI (Serial Peripheral Interface) up to 80Mhz which provided for easy integration with the external MCU
• Supports Hardwired TCP/IP Protocols: TCP, UDP, ICMP, IPv4, ARP, IGMP, PPPoE
• Supports 8 independent sockets simultaneously
• Internal 32Kbytes Memory for Tx/Rx Buffers
• Supports Power down mode and Wake on LAN over UDP
• Obtained the 2013 MDCC Best Innovation Award
• Smart Energy
• Industrial Control
• Security System